Lopatcong Swim Team, 2021
Good afternoon everyone,
This is the first of two emails I’m sending today.
This first one will discuss where we will be based out of for Summer 2021, and the second one will discuss plans for the Lopatcong and Phillipbsurg pools for Summer 2022.
The Lopatcong pool will not be opening this year; see explanations and team response in the next email.
Lopatcong Swim Team Plan 2021
- We will train out of Belvidere pool from mid-June to July 31.
- Belvidere already confirmed we may use their pool and were very positive in working with us, we are currently figuring out details (practice times, and pool rental or membership requirements). We expect this to be clarified by mid-April.
- We will open up team registration mid to late April, so stay with us. :)
- Training may be in the AM or PM, but we are still negotiating those hours.
- PennJersey Swim League will have a four dual meet schedule (four meets per team, once per week). No league rankings, just individual team competitions. A championship meet may still be planned the last weekend in July, but that is TBD.
- Dual meets may be in-person sessions divided by age group, spread out over 2-3 nights in order to limit number of people at one time, or virtual (teams compete in separate facilities and merge results afterwards). In-Person or virtual meets will be determined by each team based upon facilities and usage requirements for Covid mitigation.
Again, in mid to late April look for details on registration fees and practice times on our website, https://lopatcong.swimtopia.com/.
See you on deck,
By the way, in an effort to reach everyone, you may get these emails twice if you were on the 2019 and 2020 teams. If you are no longer on the swim team, you may get a couple more emails until we have a current registration list by May. At that point, I can more easily specify in our software system which swim families should be receiving them and which should not.