Login
Add Snippet

Covid-19 Update

PARTICIPANT INTEREST SURVEY - Previously registered swimmers MUST fill this out too.

The Lopatcong Swim Team will be offering practices this season. However, we need to get a realistic gauge on how many swimmers are willing to participate under the conditions listed below. If you previously registered, please know that for this season it was only to get on our email list and does not guarantee a spot for a training session.

  • Location: Belvidere Municipal Pool
  • Dates: July 1st - August 7th
  • Times: 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Monday - Friday. Practice sessions will be an hour long, and your swimmer will be assigned either 8:00-9:00 pm or 9:00-10:00 pm, 10/U swimmers will be assigned the 8:00 pm slot first.
  • Cost: $175 per swimmer (this covers pool rental, swimmer insurance, and coaching salaries)
  • Adhere to all NJ Executive Orders and Covid-19 safety guidelines while in practice and on the premises.

Please fill out this PARTICIPANT INTEREST SURVEY, so we can make a realistic assessment of interested swimmers, program viability, and estimated costs.

Please do so ASAP, by this Friday, 6/26. We'd like to have swim evals on July 1st, and need to have all admin items finalized before that date.

Since there is a limited # of spots open this season, and since social distancing is necessary, we can only accept swimmers who are proficient at all strokes for their age group. Normally we can accommodate up to 150 swimmers from all ability levels (novice to highly proficient college bound swimmers), but this year we will need to limit that to 48 swimmers, with ability level as one of the criteria we use for selection. The program is designed for swimmers looking to get some training days in, not as our normal entry level gateway to competitive swimming. As a coach that's a very tough thing for me to say, but it's a realistic starting point for reopening pools and competitive swimming at this point. Hopefully, we'll be able to build upon that as we go into the Fall season too.

Lopatcong Pool

  1. The town council voted to cancel this year’s pool budget. This doesn’t mean they cannot reauthorize it, but there are no plans to prep for opening at this time.
  2. I advocated for keeping open the possibility of opening the pool in July if allowed; however, they did not seem keen on that idea either. I understand their hesitancy, for both public safety and budgetary reasons, there’s no incentive to go out on a limb for perhaps just a few weeks of pool use.

Penn Jersey Swim League

  1. Most of the PJSL Executive Board, with the exception of Rich McCormick, just wanted to call the season off this year and hope for the best for next year.
  2. I advocated for holding our Spring meeting and forming a committee that would plan for different possibilities (what if pools are allowed open in late July and one or two actually do open, could we run limited age group competitions to reduce the number of people on deck, under what conditions (# of pools, # of functioning teams), would we run as a league this summer or next within the guidelines).
  3. The executive board decided to hold the PJSL Spring meeting next week, but there’s no guarantee they will want to form a committee to even look at possibilities.
Text Area
Simple formatted text
Delete Edit_snippet
Add Snippet